In 2006, Swarthmore Borough joined Nether Providence Township, Rose Valley Borough and Rutledge Borough to create a Multi-Municipal Comprehensive Plan to address future development in our neighboring communities.
This development blue print was created to:
- Focus on trends and issues in our Planning Area and address these with innovative solutions.
- Provide the best possible projection on future conditions based on current patterns.
- Direct future change through a vision of community potential.
- Identify opportunities for our communities to work together, and/or with other communities on regional efforts to provide functional services and gain potential cost efficiency.
- Establish a framework for consistency between future land use policies and land use regulatory measures.
- Assist state, county and municipal officials in their decision making processes.